We have another fun opportunity to get together (in small groups and socially distanced). Please join us for the LLLCA First Annual CornHole Tournament! The tournament will be held this coming Saturday, August 8th (rain date August 9th) across from Paul and Anne Dunn's camp, #268. They have graciously offered us the use of their "Tennis Court".
Here are some of the details; info regarding time slots will be provided when you sign up:
• Teams of 2 are required, but if you don't have a partner we can provide you with one!
• Two teams will be given a specific time to play and will be allotted 30 minutes to complete their match. A single elimination ladder bracket will be created once all teams have signed up.
• Masks are not required, but please wear yours if you are more comfortable. Hand sanitizer is available during tournament play.
• If you have cornhole bags from your personal set, please bring them and use them. We will provide a set of bags if you let us know when you sign up. Each team will receive their own set and we will not share bags during the tournament.
• Skill levels vary, so no problem if you haven't played before! We'll have a set of rules available and even give you time to practice on Friday. If you need to pick up bags for practice please let us know when you sign up.
• Scoring and other specific rules will be provided to participants and will be posted at the tournament field.
• A trophy will be awarded to the winning team!!
SIGNUPS ARE DUE BY THURSDAY, AUGUST 6th. Time slots will be assigned randomly, but if you need a specific time please ask!
Please join us for this fun event! If you have questions or to sign up to play, please contact Jeanne Johnson (click to email) or Carol Anna (click to email).
PS We have Emergency Contact Refrigerator magnets to distribute to everyone who has paid their 2020 dues! Supplies are limited, so don't miss out getting yours. We also have a small supply of LLL stickers, bottle openers and magnets available. Dues checks can be mailed to the Association PO Box (above), or dropped off to Ron Miller or Jeanne Johnson.
Did you know that the average kayak paddle is approximately 6 feet long? We can paddle while maintaining a safe distance from each other! Back again this summer is the ever popular Little Long Lake Ladies Kayak Cruise on Saturdays. Weather permitting we will gather in the narrows at 5:00 PM. Bring your favorite beverage and be prepared to paddle, chat and float around the lake.
NEW THIS YEAR!! We are adding a night of Co-Ed Kayaking: Let’s have Fun WITH the Fellas on Fridays! Again we will meet in the narrows at 5:00 PM for social distance kayaking. Bring a beer or other beverage and we’ll paddle, float and tell fish stories...or whatever guys talk about.
Jon Magendanz, LLL's very own impresario and wonderful musician, has announced that the MAGENDANZ STRING TRIO has scheduled a tentative performance for Sunday, August 23rd at the Woodgate Chapel in Woodgate. Watch this space for more information!
Check back here for additional information on upcoming events... and as always, if you have a suggestion for an activity, let the Membership Committee help organize it!
See you on the Lake! Jeanne Johnson #276 Membership Chairman
(click to email)